This gorgeous, easy cake is wonderful for holidays!
- 24 lady finger Italian cookies
- 12 Oreo-type sandwich cookies
- 1 tsp finely ground espresso
- 1.5 cups brewed espresso (6 T separated out)
- 8 T butter, softened
- 36 oz. name brand cream cheese, warmed to room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- 1 packet of white chocolate instant pudding mix
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (OR)
- 1 bar dark chocolate for curls
- Baking parchment
- Spring-form pan
- Cake pan slightly larger than spring-form pan
- Larger pan for water bath
First, preheat oven to 350 and line a 9″ spring-form pan lined with parchment paper (place a round piece on the bottom and a long strip along the sides).
Step 1: Prepare the Crust
- Finely grind the sandwich cookies, lady fingers, and espresso powder in a food processor.
- Add melted butter and pulse until fully mixed.
- Press mixture down onto the parchment on the bottom of the spring-form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Turn oven down to 320
Step 2: Cheesecake Filling
- Beat 32 oz. of the cream cheese, butter and sugar in an electric mixer until smooth. Stop mixing a few times to scrape down the sides .
- Add eggs one at a time while mixing.
- Add 6 T of the prepared espresso, vanilla extract, and then flour, scraping down as needed.
- Pour half of the cheesecake mixture onto the crust in the spring-form pan.
- Dip the lady finger cookies in the remaining espresso and line them up to form a single layer over the cheesecake mixture, cutting to shape as necessary.
- Pour the remaining cheesecake mixture on top.
- Place in water bath – use cake pan under spring-form pan (to keep water out) inside large, deep pan filled partway with warm water.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 320 degrees. The middle of the cheesecake will still be a little jiggly.
- Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake reduce temp in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it fully cool on a counter top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Step 3: Whipped Topping
- Beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Chill in refrigerator while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the remaining cream cheese, milk, and pudding mix until completely smooth.
- Stir the chilled whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until it is fully combined.
- Place mixture into a piping bag with a large tip, such as Wilton 2A, and then decorate the top of the cheesecake.
- Dust the top with powdered cocoa (OR)
- Shave on chocolate curls.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.